View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Default Low Latency Monitoring with HD Native

Today I was using HD Native with an Omni I/O for the first time on a Foley stage and I was having problems with latency in the monitoring chain. I'm a very experienced PT HD user who owns the old DSP cards and have never had issues with latency on my system. I turned the low latency monitoring option on and off but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Does HD Native have more latency than HDX or the old HD core/process card systems? It was annoying but workable. I was running a session of off a USB 2 drive which was not my preference but the only way to work on this system at the time.

It's a mac tower (not sure exact model but it's only a couple months old and running the latest OS.)

There's nothing after the I/O in the B-chain to induce latency, it's all analog and very simple.

Thoughts? How do you get HD Native to have 0 or really close to 0 latency so you can record with it without driving the talent nuts? I did not try adjusting any playback engine settings but they were set to the defaults for everything. It's a very powerful compute so I doubt the CPU is even taxed at all.

Thanks,
David