Thread: Come On 20.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
My plan expires in a few days, vanilla users haven't received practically anything new in more than a year, if avid can't deliver because of the quarantine they should extend our plans as well until they release at least track folders, in fact, I think I deserve at least another 1/2 year free because I didn't get anything during the last one.
I'm in the same boat. I'm interested in folder tracks but not interested enough to renew. I've been with Pro Tools since 7.4LE and have no plans to change DAWs but I spent £100 last year and got nothing useful. I submitted bug reports and had a few conversations about issues I was having which still haven't been rectified in the current release.

For example, using Native, if I take 100 tracks. Select them all and press "commit" then select the option to delete the original tracks, it tells me I'm over the track limit. I don't think this is right as at the end of the process I should have the same amount of tracks (assuming I don't print AUX's).

Beyond that, if I do it in batches to stay below the limit of say 20 at a time, then I commit 20, it deletes the original 20 tracks. But then doesn't minus those off the track count. It still counts the deleted tracks. So you have to close and re-open the session constantly to print more tracks or clear the undo queue. This has been an issue since July 2018 in case 03580055.

It's a constant headache when labels want printed mixed tracks to archive and most of my work is for a label that require this.

I'm just hoping folder tracks come out before my plan lapses otherwise I'll just do without.