View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First no free (23) plugins showing up

i do not want to use cloud.. i want to backup to my own hard disk..
This article...
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...three-projects

states: The limit of 3 Projects was removed from Pro Tools | First in April 2019 when "Backup to Cloud" was made optional for all users (previously required an additional subscription). Disabling this option in the Dashboard allows you to create unlimited local Projects.

I've been searching for several hours.. I cannot find anything that tells me how to disable the cloud in the "dashboard". I've really been trying..
Another discussion i found info stating a user can use the "save copy in" command to choose where to save.. I do not have that option in my PT First..
I'm assuming that is not showing up because I have not disabled the cloud..
which, as I mentioned, I cannot figure out how to do.. I find no article, discussion or help page that tells a user how to do this.. Can someone please assist with this..

Update:

i do not want to use cloud.. i want to backup to my own hard disk..
This article...
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...three-projects

states: The limit of 3 Projects was removed from Pro Tools | First in April 2019 when "Backup to Cloud" was made optional for all users (previously required an additional subscription). Disabling this option in the Dashboard allows you to create unlimited local Projects.

I've been searching for several hours.. I cannot find anything that tells me how to disable the cloud in the "dashboard". I've really been trying..
Another discussion i found info stating a user can use the "save copy in" command to choose where to save.. I do not have that option in my PT First..
I'm assuming that is not showing up because I have not disabled the cloud..
which, as I mentioned, I cannot figure out how to do.. I find no article, discussion or help page that tells a user how to do this.. Can someone please assist with this..

Update:

Ok.. I figured this out.. It's not storing locally in the older sense of the term.. you store it in cache form so that you can have more projects going at once "in essence".. And the elusive dashboard that is referenced wherein one can control this.. It's not my avid user dashboard as I was understanding.. (there is not specificity on this for necessary clarification).. it's the dashboard one sees when opening PT that lists the projects.. It is here that you can delete a project from the cloud and "sync" a different project from your own HD cache and then work on that in PT.. jeez.. out in this other thing called the world outside of PT I actually consider myself to be a fairly intellectual, well adapted human being.. That feeling goes away for the most part when I come across such seemingly minor snags in my PT evolution.. (but it's almost like I evolved so slowly for so many years up to PT 10 and then had to start all over again). I'd like a drink now...

Last edited by caz; 07-15-2019 at 06:44 PM.