View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Free Bomb Factory/Izotope Vinyl Plugins

I tried out the free bomb factory plugins and the free Izotope Vinyl plugins last night.

Bomb Factory:

I started out by doing the install and found out they are 48 mb in size roughly for starters once installed. They also seem to take up a lot of resources when you are running them in LE 6.1.

When I finally was able to use the plugins (mind you I downloaded the Pace driver before I ever started the install from advanced warning from the boards. Thank you guys) I was very dissapointed in their content.

Yes they have a tuner which may be useful for things if you don't already have a guitar or bass tuner or whatever in your studio, they have a few meters (which you can do much better in other plugs or hardware with), and they have the compression unit in which I think the basic Audiosuite plugins can do a much better job at compression and take up way less resources than this one ever could.

All in all I give Bomb Factory a thumbs down and ended up un-installing it just minutes after I installed it. I would highly reccomend against this plugin set for anyone that hasn't already found out what I have about them. They are not worth the time and effort it takes to get them.

Izotope Vinyl:

This plugin however was everything that it is cracked up to be and more in my opinion. It takes up mininum resources and barely made a dent in my hard drive space.

This one is a very cool utility if you want to make anything sound like its on an old record player. I was especially amused at the fact you could switch between years for the type of record that you are playing and the details that the scratches gave you to sound like you're playing an actual record from back in the day when LPs were popular.

I would reccomend this one to anyone who is looking for an old record player type sound. Hip Hop and re-mix people will especially dig this one.

Yes, I know I seem like a newb that is discovering plugs for the first time, but I figured I'd give a few of you all a helping hand back out there who haven't experienced this yet as everyone has been cool to me on the boards.