View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Default Pro Tools Locks up after a short time

I have Pro Tools 2019.5 running on an

iMac Retina 5k
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM

Ever since I upgraded from Pro Tools 12 (about 1 month ago) I find that the system will fail once or twice a day. (I use PT all day long for Voice Acting work). Once it fails, it requires a restart. Rarely, it will restart without trouble, but most of the time requires a complete system restart. Most of those times, Pro Tools will prevent the system from restarting on its own and I am forced to hold the power button until the system reboots by force. Force Quitting does nothing. I have also tried opening the Activity Monitor and killing the Pro Tools app any anything else I can find that might be associated with Pro Tools. Many times, Pro Tools doesn't show up in the Activity monitor at all, but the Pro Tools icon appears in the Force Quit window.

I upgraded to 2019.5 hoping that the update would solve these troubles but it hasn't. I also began using the iLok Cloud feature with 2018.12 for the first time and think that maybe this might have something to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a noob on PT or on Macs, but maybe I'm overlooking something?