View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 01:06 AM

Default Re: It's 2017 and there's STILL no Plugin Manager in PT

this is still SO relevant. having no custom folders with a ton of plugins makes a MESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
I would plus one a built in plugin manager, and one that also allows us to rename plugins and put them in custom groups. Would be wonderful. Not a deal breaker, but a workflow improver for sure!

Little tip.. this is how i manage my waves bundle plugins.. i go to my waves application folder, manually created a plugins unused folder there, and move the waves plugins from apps/waves/plug-ins V9 to the unused folder.. this way I have been able to de clutter the massive sprawling waves menu in PT.. and remove things like Q10 entirely that I would never use, for example, which takes up like 6 menu slots on it's own.

@WombatStudio I will check out the offline third party plug in manager, thanks for the tip, hope it works with PT12 and sierra.

offline is a decent idea as a workaround indeed. But, in OSX, i just create a two tabbed window anyway, and move the stuff i don't' want from plugins to unused. This doesn't work for waves of course as there is only one aax wave shell component (or 2 or 3 depending on how many waves plugins installed), which is why i came up with the little workaround to move them in waves app folder itself.