View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 07:41 PM

Default Missing Files - Ignore ?

Ok, so this rarely happens to me, and over the years I have figured out how to not allow it to happen and what causes it, etc.. And I swear on this session, Pro Tools has lost its mind.

So straight to the point - How do you tell Pro Tools to permanently ignore trying to Link Missing Files on start up ? I can't find that option anywhere and every single time I launch this one session it asks for 6 missing files it does not need. So annoying.

Furthermore, before you say anything - LOL I know for sure I did everything right when deleting these files from the session first. The way I been doing this is systematic once I figured it out years ago to never let this happen again. Yet oddly with this session it kept telling me it couldn't delete them because they were being used. I said, no, saved restarted (figuring the session was just going on some old "undo" possibility.) -

Well after restart it still said it was using these files that it wasn't. Totally stumped. So instead of telling it to delete permanently from disk I finally just said to remove them. I then went and deleted them myself. Emptied trash, restarted computer for total clean start.

Now I launch session and it says the missing file link thing and man, so annoying cause it isn't using them anywhere in the session. Plays fine sounds fine. Super small session too. So I know.

At this point I just want PT to be told to permanently ignore wanting to link/find these files. How is this done ?

Thanks in advance for any help !
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them