View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 01:08 PM

Default Re: What is up with AIR these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
What issues are you having? I haven't had any hiccups with AIR in several years(ever since we had to manually link the .BIG folders with incorrect instructions)

Just saw this, Dave. Its not so much "hiccups" as it is certain features not working. Here's just a few

Structure: 1. You can't name the Smart Knobs anymore. It automatically assigns the name to whatever you're attaching it to...which is useless. I've reported it 3 times now, and still no action to fix this. You used to be able to name them. 2. If you edit an existing patch, you can't rename and save it.

3. There is not "duplicate layer" option if you want to duplicate a sample layer. Very annoying if you set loop points across multiple samples and then want to duplicate the layer to add depth to the sound. (this isn't an "error" but a feature that's been requested multiple times.

There's a few other issues with Structure, but these are the biggest.

4. Transfuser - Some things are missing. For example, if you use the Gater effect, there's supposed to be some 32 presets in a pull down menu. Well, the pulldown menu does show 1-32...but there are no corresponding presets. I've reported this twice now, most recently in September, and STILL nothing has been done other than they told me they reproduced the problem. There's a couple of other spots where presets aren't showing up.

5. A while back I had purchased one of the expansion packs for Vacuum Pro called "Fresh Air". For some reason it would not install. I contacted AIR and to their credit, one of their tech guys spent an hour with me on the phone trying to get it to install, but to no avail. I finally gave up and requested a refund...TWICE. Never heard back or got my refund. Later, a friend saw my issue and sent me his copy, which installed perfectly. I felt no guilt as I had already paid for it and AIR had my money!

There have been several feature requests made too, with no responses. Its like they've abandon their products or something. Hence my post