View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Opening multiple sessions at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTlanceK View Post
Import session data is the way to go
As mentioned, this is not always the most fastest, easiest or efficient. Not to mention I seen Logic doing what I am talking about, so it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshaw View Post
The only way for this to work would be to have the second session in another window but completely inactive/frozen: just there to copy from. You wouldn’t be able to listen to it through because PT would have to release all processing from the “main” session and give it to the secondary session.
Doing this would make things get ugly pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it could totally be done and 100% correctly. Once people learn how to work again and innovate like we used to, instead of (insert giant rant here about how society is wayyy too entitled now-a-days, LOL)

Anyway, but it really could. Instantly releasing all processing back and forth from session to session is actually not that difficult at all. Again, think of idling.

I want to point out another thing. Actually what would get the job done is simply another Edit window. If I could group a bunch of tracks and have them sent to a secondary edit window to accomplish this, that would be great. Lets say you couldn't ever play both windows at same time, but they both could run from the same session. Then importing the tracks into the session is fine if we could do that.

So it would be one session. This just would allow non-HDX users to accomplish this if they already were close to the max track count. This also would make the "idling" mode I am talking about very instantaneous and simple code wise to jump back and forth. No releasing of anything. Its all one session. But whichever edit window is in the foreground is what would be "active" and therefore heard. The background edit window would be instantly "inactive" in a sense (like inactive tracks) but not with all the visual inactive impairedness.

And clicking on a edit windows for this is a lot quicker than making 2 sets of 30 tracks each inactive and then active again as you go back and forth to accomplish this. Plus beyond that, (cause HDX users wouldn't need to do that anyway) but having multiple independent edit windows would really allow for some clean more streamlined work in these situations. Look much cleaner too.

If the coders think of it like a edit window for inactive tracks, other than instead of having to manually click on all the tracks to activate or inactivate them, you just simply click on the edit window you have set up with desired tracks to activate them. It COULD be done easily. Simply put, the inactive track bin gets its own edit window. If inactive tracks can be toggled now so quickly and easily without tripping out the system, then what I am saying could be done if approached like that. Then we could all get secondary edit windows to accomplish side editing (if desired/needed). And don't use it if you don't need to. lol Simple.
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them