View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: How to best mix audio of an indie film?

The fact that the director and producer didn't leave money left in the budget for a mix is not your problem. And whatever reason is being used to force the enormouse task of posting and mixing a film, is a bad one.

Unless this is a 5 minute short, I would run away quickly.

If they have no money, and it's a medium length to full-length film, tell them to post an add online for students. They will gladly take the task on for no money.

As much as you want the thing to get finished because you're an actor in it, the director and producer want to get it finsihed even more than you do. Trust me.

Again, lack of funds on their part is not your fault. And the headaches involved
with especially no-budget features can be huge. And when things go sideways, you know who they'll blame.
I would tell them you can do the score as promised, but don't have the time or expertise to do the audio-post and mix.

The info youask for is like me going to a piano forum and saying "I play guitar, but I have a client who wants a piece on piano. Can you tell me which keys to use, as I've never played piano in my life. But I have a cool sequencer at home."

Sounds kinda silly doesn't it.

www.markhensley.tv