View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 05:47 PM

Default Re: The Definitive Digidesign Pro Control Repair Thread

Fantastic!
I own 2 PC (one 8 fader for the small room and one with 2 fader pack (for a total of 24)for the main room and I'm delighted with the V control (I had upgrade to Protocols 12 but, as my system was Accel pcie, I had to change my 192 and, as Avid allow the accel/192 to work with Reaper but not with my Protools 12 (unbelievable but real!) I switch to RME Fireface and it's great piece of hardware.
So I really plan to keep my procontrol for some more years (it's a great controller despite its age) and will share all refurbishing I do to it.
For now, just solded directly the harness to the PSU, bypassing the molex connector that was giving a lot of trouble. Working like a charm for 5 years now.
Here in Brazil, the electricity is critical (lot of overtension, at least 2 drop of power/week and a lot of microcut) so the procontril is connect to an ups.
Faders are perfect t in the main unit, not so good in the second unit. Did you know where to found the rubber strip that push/pull the cap? 2 of them are broke and I had to "cannibalize" a 3ed faderpack to fix the second unit?

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3 en utilisant Tapatalk