View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 AM

Angry Re: I need to split midi track per channel (Tracks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Not by Channel as far as I know.

filosofem
This is a basic midi feature which all DAW’s have incorporated why is it that PTS do not have this included. Even importing as a midi file format 0 and 1 is standard in the industry why it is the most basic features are not included in PTS???
Something as basic as this why a package as PTS that do not have these features is beyond my comprehension. I would love to know from Digi why this is because usually they would come up with all sorts of excuses never own up or take responsibility for some small they have not included or simply neglected.
Others on this forum would say why you would record various parts (midi channels) into one track; this is just to cover your questions. Very simple everything is all about easy and quick work flow. Off hand when I start I do not know what and which channels transmit from the keyboard so I select all (midi channels) on one track, in order to quickly record instead of setting up tracks and figuring out which transmit from the keyboard or not and so on. In Nuendo this feature is called “Dissolve Parts” PTS have a split function too, except split per pitch Please Digi includes split per channels as well. Now I have to use Nuendo to dissolve parts and then import back into PTS. How foolish is this to use another DAW to do a very most basic feature as this which is a given on all DAW’s EXCEPT PTS of cause.