View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Yes, I saw that, too. I simply don't get the not allowing VST hosting with Reason in Rewire mode, or now, with R-11 as a plugin. The Props made a big deal about adding VST hosting, but then arbitrarily opt to limit it to only in Master mode, not slave mode. Doesn't make sense to me.

Now that they've gone this route, there are three things I wish they would implement. 1)AAX Version 2)allow VST hosting in the rack as a plugin 3)allow MIDI routing the way they do audio/vc routing on the back of the rack. There are so many ways that adding MIDI IN/OUT ports on the back of the various modules could be used. And being able to just grab a virtual cable and plug from whatever to whatever would be so useful! I've made this suggestion to the props at least 3 times. They responded and even asked me some questions about it. But, they don't seem keen on improving their MIDI operations.

Personally, I think they're missing a real opportunity here. If all three of these were added, Reason would be probably the most powerful and versatile VI on the planet. It is so easy to set up massive, multilayered patches with, say, Combinator. There's really no easy way to emulate that in PT without using a lot of instrument tracks. In Reason, its 1 instrument track, 1 instance of Reason, and the rack!

At this point, I'm not going to jump on 11 any time soon. I'm still using R 9.5. R-10 didn't really offer anything all that new other than some new VI's. Its the features I mentioned above that would make me jump on an upgrade!
And now with Rewire going away what does all this business with vst hosting get anyone? I guess it's vst hosting is only if you use Reason as a daw. It's like they've gone back a couple of steps to Record when it was a separate product.

QAPLA!