View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 05:41 PM

Default General questions / advice solicited

Hello!

I have been using Pro Tools Express 10 with the MBox Mini on a Windows 8.1 laptop. For a university music course I am taking I am required to use a Macbook Pro with Mac music editing software. I am considering moving to the Macbook as my primary/only computer:

Questions:

1. Could I just move all my files to the Macbook and use the Mac OS version of Pro Tools Express seamlessly (assuming various drivers installed, and configuration issues are dealt with...)?
2. Can I use Pro Tools Express on both of these computers or is it only licensed for one computer (i.e. I have to pick one computer only to use the software).
3. Is it allowed to switch from the PC version to the Mac version?
4. If I *can* use it on both, do I need to do anything in particular with respect to downloading and installing, especially as it pertains to the iLoK, and/or other copy protection/licensing issues?

If there are specific links that answer/deal with these questions, I'd be happy to take the time to do that research, but I just am trying to save time by getting a general sense of how I should move forward.

Advice:

1. Is using a dual-boot setup with the Macbook, i.e. making it a MacOS/Windows machine, a good idea? Opinions? Experiences running Pro Tools Express in a virtual PC environment on a Mac?

I appreciate any responses, and thanks!