View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM

Default HELP... MOTU MICROLITE and PRO TOOLS 7.3 M-POWERED HELP!!!!!

Hopefully somebody in here has some experience with this interface...

I hooked up a MOTU Microlite Midi Interface last night so that I could get 5 more midi/ins/outs into my computer.

It's hooked up on a USB Hub along with a Korg PadKontrol

Anyways, all my synths, etc are plugged into the Motu and everything is getting signal, etc.

In Reason 4.0 , I'm able to use all synths, controllers just fine, and route everything.

BUT in PRO TOOLS 7.3 I can see the controllers/modules in my routing boxes when I create a midi track...
But I can't seem to get any midi signal , nor hear the sounds the synths/modules are playing.

As I said, everything works fine in reason, and I sometimes see midi info going into the computer on some tracks in PRO TOOLS But I can't seem to get the midi signals routed back out to the synths and modules.

I think I must have something wrong internally in ProTools
I'm synching everything to my Rosetta A/D through SpDIF 24bit/48000k Maybe there's a problem with synch?

Also wondering if the fact that the PadKontrol is plugged in USB instead of through a midiport on the microlite if it's creating a conflict?

Or if the fact I have Firewire 410 and it's Midi ins/outs are active too if that's creating a conflict.

Everything is routed through Apple Audio/Midi on Intel Macbook.

HELP!!!! WHy does this stuff work in one program but none of the others... Suggestions??????

Hopefully this is clear.
Any help?
Antagonist