View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Default Re: PRO TOOLS 8 compatible with WINDOWS 7 someday?

+1 on W7 being better than Vista. It's apparent right outta the box (so to speak). I wrote a little assessment on the thread I started (mentioned above). IMO This will be the PC OS of choice going forward since even though I have a solid and fast XP/PT8 combo running I always have the feeling that I can break it if I go gorilla on it. Even though Vista is a bogmeister I feel that it is pretty dang robust... so that makes me hope that W7 turns out to be the best of both world's: the solid advances under the hood of Vista and the zippiness of a tuned XP rig.
Unfortunately for me since I don't care to do recording work on an MB2/USB interface I won't be doing too much with my W7/PT8 install. I plan to check in with it now and then to see how many MS updates are pushed. Already with the Beta there were 3 or 4 that came in. It's always a good sign that MS is on the case. By late Spring to Mid Summer I predict a solid OS and hopefully DIGI will follow suit with an 8.x version, within a few months.