View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Midas M32 and Pro Tools

I am familiar with the HUI and EUCON , as far as the S3 you mentioned, we used to have an ICON. Quite pricey. My conclusion was that it was a glorified mouse with no preamps at quite a hefty price. Furthermore, the controls were quirky and unresponsive at times. I don't think I'll be buying any Avid boards anytime soon. As far as connecting external hardware, these would be vintage sound modules, some that don't have softsynths versions. I did actually read the Midas manual and it's brother's manual the Behringer X32. Not even Midas itself could give me a concrete answer on the 1/4" jacks on the M32 for use for the modules in question. Sometimes what's in the manual and how things actually work in real life don't quite line up. Think back to Icon board. Not sure what M48 you're referring to. Maybe this would have the features I need, full DAW automation with clean preamps. I know the M32 preamps are good, but if I can't use it with Pro Tools, it defeats the purpose. I suppose I could go with an Avid preamp/interface, but it seems there are cheaper options out there like Apogee and UA. Maybe I could get one of those and add a Automation controller. It's a shame cause as far as quality the M32 is good.