View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Problem detected with audio clock. Check your clock source and sample rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuppie View Post
Hi, I'm having issues right now with an Avid S5 and I was wondering if they are they same issues you're having. From what I can tell, it seems to be a clocking issue. Several times now, after a period of use (usually several hours) the console will "freeze up" and all the audio meters will go to red and the console will not longer pass audio. A console restart fixes this issue. However, I've had to repeat this process now several times in the past couple days and it seems to happen randomly and sometimes in the middle of working.

Also, a new phenomena that has been happening has been clicks and pops that sound like jitter when Pro Tools is not open on the computer. I'm curious as to why there would be any difference whether Pro Tools is open or not and how that would effect the jitter. Also, just want to get this thing to stop "freezing" to where it needs a full restart on a regular basis. Any thoughts? Seems like a clocking issue to me?
Once again, start a new thread and give the following information:
1-Complete details on the computer(its not possible to give too much info)
2-Complete details on ALL hardware and how its all connected.
3-Complete details on what you have tried so far
4-Have you done ALL the required system tweaks?
Without this info, nobody will be able to offer any help

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave