View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 05:24 AM

Default Re: usb Keyboard motif xs not working with virtual instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobleworm View Post
Hi everyone,

I would love to have some help with my motif xs8. I've tried to plug it with usb to drive virtual instruments such as structure free. It is declared as a HUI peripheral and i have assigned it to the structure port 1-A however it is not receiving any sounds. It is strange because it works immediately with logicpro or garageband. In structure i can click on the virtual keyboard to make sound but not with the yamaha. I can see that it is transmitting some data because when i press a key, the little yellow bar on structure is blinking but no sounds comes up. Could you bring any help ? thanks in advance,
have a good day !
To do basic MIDI work like triggering sounds on a vi in PT you don't have to declare it as a HUI controller. Go into OSX audio MIDI setup and set up your keyboard there. Something else to do is to download a free MIDI monitor program like snoize to see if the Yamaha is really communicating with your computer. Yamaha keyboards that have both USB MIDI and traditional 5 pin round MIDI connectors may not work on both connections at the same time; you'll have to check the manual to see if you need to make a configuration change on the XS8.

Also make sure you have any driver s/w for the Yamaha installed on your computer.

QAPLA!