View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos Production Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuffer View Post
yeah I was thinking more about getting used to the workflow of the system while using headphones. I was curious whether it was getting more widely used in the industry so wanted to know if it would be worth getting into.

I am going to buy some software but I just wanted to check whether they had serial sales like every other manufacturer does before I dropped some money in their store.

Is it possible to make a good 7.1 set up with different size speakers? my mains are a7x but I also have a pair of a3x and I was wondering if I could get another a3x and some ceiling speakers to complete a 7.1 room

cheers
Atmos is being adopted by the industry, but mostly at the high-end. From a business standpoint, you should be investing in technology that meets your clients' needs. That may or may not be 7.1 or Atmos. But from an exploratory, creative standpoint, go ahead and experiment! For better or worse, lots of rooms are built with different sized speakers. As you go down this path, you'll learn about monitor controllers and room calibration. Listen to and analyze commercially-released mixes in 5.1. Fun stuff.