View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos Production Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
To your first question, it depends on what your goals are. You can't deliver a finished Atmos mix to Netflix if all you did was monitor on headphones :) But, you can get a great experience getting familiar with the toolkit and workflow while monitoring the binaural output. I'm a big fan of that binaural feed.

Avid has sales occasionally for the regular Pro Tools users, but usually not the Ultimate users. Check with your dealer to get discounts.

Good luck!
yeah I was thinking more about getting used to the workflow of the system while using headphones. I was curious whether it was getting more widely used in the industry so wanted to know if it would be worth getting into.

I am going to buy some software but I just wanted to check whether they had serial sales like every other manufacturer does before I dropped some money in their store.

Is it possible to make a good 7.1 set up with different size speakers? my mains are a7x but I also have a pair of a3x and I was wondering if I could get another a3x and some ceiling speakers to complete a 7.1 room

cheers