View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:03 PM

Default Re: PT12HD crash to spinning Beachball of Death - got console readout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Keyes View Post
I was getting problems like this in PT12 for a while. But then it went further to a problem where every time I Bounced a mix it would create a state where all tracks played back through the main output at full level regardless of muting or routing.

I have reverted to PT11 so I can still function, but like you, I also have a new Mac Pro and a clean Yosemite system that never had PT10 on it. I thought maybe it was a hardware problem, but I find it interesting to read that someone else with a new system is having similar issues with PT12 and Yosemite.
Thanks for responding Sonny. It would be interesting if you had the console reports from the time you had the issue. Comparing them might give a clue. I did notice that OSX was reporting that it was expecting Pro Tools to return 10.10.2 but got 10.9.8 instead. At least it thought it important enough to write it to the log. If that is valid, does it mean that PT12HD is only qualified, or should I say 'versioned' only as far as Mavericks?

My system shipped with 10.10.2, so I can't really go back...not without finding an old version of Mavericks, blowing away my drive and starting over...I'm not interested in going through a weeks worth of work just to find that PT11HD is just a flaky.

I would like to be running Mavericks. It's scarey out here on the 'bleeding edge', but Yosemite has been out long enough that the beta of 'El Capitan' has been released...
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.