View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Anybody connected to an Avid ISIS w/ PT 7.3?

Hi Jim,

We're connected to an ISIS and this is how we work.

I understand that working with audio from the ISIS is not feasable due to the bandwidth limitations, so I ask our editors to deliver me two OMFIs into our partition on the ISIS.

One audio OMFI with all the media embedded. This is then imported into our session with the audio being copied onto our local drives.

One video OMFI with linked media to the project partition on the ISIS. By gaining access to this partition with the Unity ISIS Client Manager software, Protools will quite happily play the video media directly from the ISIS whilst working with audio on the local drives.

The video OMFI import takes about a minute for a 45 min show so new omfis can be supplied for last minute changes. If you bring it onto a new video track it is easy to see where the changes are, and then move / insert the new audio accordingly.

It's working brilliantly for us, as we used to digitise our video into the sesion in real time from the master tape so we're saving at least an hour a day, if not more if there are any changes.

I've also read about the AVID interplay, but I'm not sure wether this is working with ISIS yet. (If anyone knows different, I'd love to hear)

If you want any more info, drop me an email.

Jeremy