View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:37 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 - Ran Out Of CPU Power

Do you have any external drives? Was the Baraccuda or Evo in an external drive carrier/dock/chassis? I'm talking USB or Firewire or maybe Thunderbolt expansion chassis etc.

There are lots of people having CPU errors, so far nobody else has reported your suggestion works for them, hopefully it does and they will speak up, but I would not be surprised that there are many more issues that different people are facing.

All the utility program does you are using does is periodically poking the drives, the only drives that utility program is supposed to help with are external drives that ignore intended ways of things working and put themselves to sleep/suspend early on. Internal SATA and PCIe drives usually follow intended behavior properly (the behavior/specs there are clearer to manufacturers to follow).

That's what the utility program you are using is designed to do, what the author of that program wrote it for. It's absolutely possible if you have an external drive that is putting itself to sleep improperly then you've stumbled on a fix here that would be simple, and useful, to understand. If there is no external drive involved here then things will be more difficult to explain, that is absolutely not saying it's not working, I'm just curious to understand what is going on. (I have a technical background working in storage technology areas).

Going from SSD to HDD back to SSD and seeing more CPU errors on the HDD seems to show you are on the right path here. That was great stuff.