View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Waves Studiorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
I think they are hoping to lure someone like me, an HDX owner that was a previous TDM and Mercury bundle owner, but that had never bought into the UAD program. Now I could get a similar function as UAD, but with Waves plugins that I have been using for years.

But, it is never going to happen. I'll never buy a box to run plugins I paid $12,000 for. They have instead lost my future business and yearly WUP forever. AAX DSP I would have paid for, but instead I will move on and never look back at Waves.
I suspect there are lots of people in your situation who feel the same way. I certainly was in that camp when digigrid was first announced. If it were just a plugin box I would tend to still agree... but digigrid is soooo much more than a UAD for waves plugins. It is a routing and networking powerhouse, interapp, across network, across devices... the possibilities are vast. It is now the entire package of features that is luring me in. and hey its awesome that I happen to have a mercury TDM bundle...

does it bug you that avid has never released a decent core audio driver for its hardware? well you can route system audio to your avid IO's with the emotion mixer (using the sg core audio driver in system preferences). record system audio directly into a PT audio track if you want. thats just the tip of the iceberg.