View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Windows 10 system restore deleted my ptx files!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
I was having issues with my SSL converters today and tried a bunch of stuff and it all got so messy I thought I'd just do a system restore to get around it. My last restore point was about 2 weeks old, I restored to it, and afterwards, every ptx file for any session I'd done after that restore point was gone. For me that's about 20 sessions. All the rest of the folders for each session were still the same, just the session file - gone!
I cried a little, then undid the restore and they were back, but thought I'd post here just so others know to be cautious. It's not supposed to touch your data files, but it appears it doesn't like ptx extension files.
What drive were your ptx files on? If they are on drive C: then that's probably not a surprise(and they should be on a separate recording drive). If they already were, then I am as confused as you On the subject of backups, I am also pretty OCD on that. I used Acronis for years(several versions) but recently gave up on it because it will not clone correctly. Now I am using Backupper for cloning and imaging. Macrium Reflect is another option from drive imaging/cloning on Windows

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave