View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Purchased Upgrade to ProTools 6.4 and Zipped Files Will Not Open!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn928 View Post
Hey There Everybody!! Ive been recording using AcidPro7 for years, and I finally wanted to switch to over to ProTools after hearing nothing but good things about it.. Anyway I bought myself a used Digi001 that came with PT 5.1.1 software (figured it be a good learners system). I run XP (incompatible with 5.1.1 I learned) so I tried for 2 days to update to 5.3.1 and finally gave up last night and purchased the Pro Tools 6.4 Download Update for $35 from the website..
I downloaded both files: the PT and PT Documentation. Meanwhile my digi001 was connected to my computer power light on. It said the files were around 60mb and 30mb, and what I have downloaded is only 32mb and 4mb which I am also questioning..? Butt my MAIN problem is when I click on the zipped files (I do have 7-zip downloaded to my comp to unzip files), an ERROR message pops up reading: THE COMPRESSED FOLDER (ZIPPED) IS INVALID OR CORRUPT.... Ive been going at this for 3 days now and I just want to begin making music and learning the ProTools world!!!!!!! Any input would be deeply appreciated!! Thanks!! -Brian
You must be starting a museum of audio recording? Avid still has Pro Tools 6 updates for sale, that is truly amazing. You are likely the only person who has downloaded these files in ages.

You don't need any third party software in Windows XP to unpack a zipped folder, so I would start by uninstalling whatever their party software you have added and just use the built in capability to read these files.

Try downloading using a different web browser (e.g. Mozilla or Chrome, etc.) , check you have free space on the hard drive (you should be getting lots of errors if you ran out of space so unlikely), try downloading using a different PC (or Mac etc.) and seeing if the files will unzip there.

Darryl