View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 03:30 PM

Default Re: HD Native PCIe card discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Not sure what you mean with TB being "shaky" on the Windows side. I build and support a lot of systems with it including my own. No issues.

Using software besides PT with the HDN/HDX card just does not work right. I would avoid avid hardware if this were the case.

UA, Focusrite, RME, Lynx, and others all have hardware for Windows on TB.
What card are you using? I haven't found one yet that will run without drop-outs on my Asus P6X58-E Pro mb. You are the first person I've heard that has stable system on Win-TB. Any advice will be greatly appreciated but I'm not giving up my Nuendo/Avid system. Anyone who goes back to the "Digidesign Days" knows that with the "HD" converters, Avid hit the mark. I've never been more pleased with my audio quality.

And in my case, my system was rock-solid right from the start. Nuendo ran right out of the box on the HD Native card w 2 HD IOs. No glitches. No hiccups. Slaved perfectly to and from a Mytek clock and jumped back and fourth between Nuendo and Sony Vegas like Avid had tested them together. I was knocked over because I didn't expect it to work so smoothly. It would be very hard for me to even consider another setup... unless Avid forces me to. And that would be a shame.