View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Venue - Windows Blue Screen

First post I have ever seen about a Terminal Stop error on a Venue system. If it should happen again you should copy down the whole hex code message string E.G. "*** STOP 0x000000C2 BAD_POOL_CALLER"

Punch this string into Google and it should take you to a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about some very specific causes for that particular message. BSODs are caused by very specific conditions and very rarely just happen at random (contrary to popular belief). A BSOD is not a random crash but a deliberate emergency shutdown indicating that the operating system has detected a serious hardware issue and has deliberately shut the computer down.

Posting the whole string here would GREATLY assist Sheldon also.

Most blue screens are caused by A) Bad device drivers B) A hardware fault. Most likely cause of failing hardware might be memory or a HDD.
Since the Venue is a closed environment the chances of it being a driver issue are nearly nonexistent.

Its not inconceivable that static electricity or a power surge might have caused a temporary BSOD and then dissipated once the unit reset.. I'm assuming that the unit was connected to a UPS and a suitable power conditioner.

Since this has only occurred once it may however actually be a genuinely random event.

This is presented as general PC advice. I do not own a Venue.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88