View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

I've been reading the posts on here, and I've seen people saying, "Avid you should pay Waves to make AAX DSP" and "if Waves doesn't support AAX DSP, there is no reason for me to upgrade to HDX"............WHAT THE HELL!!!??? Do you people really think it is Waves plugins that make your mixes sound good? If that is what you think, you better get a different day job. Don't get me wrong, Waves makes a fantastic plugin. But there are other companies that make plugins that sound just as good, McDSP, UAD, AVID, etc., there is no other company that makes a complete system of DSP processing like Avid!! I'm not just talking plugin DSP, but the whole thing, plugins, mixing, I/O, who else does that? Nobody!! If you like Pro Tools TDM and it is rock solid, then keep it. Don't blame Avid because Waves has a stick up their ass about making AAX DSP plugins, blame Waves. If you want to move to HDX (because you see the benefits of the power of the card) move to HDX and look into some other plugins. Pro Tools is the base, or foundation of the system, the plugins are the finishing touches. You wouldn't eat a cake made out of dog [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] if the frosting was Betty Crocker chocolate frosting. As far as the other comment about paying Waves.......... Duh! That's like Mcdonalds paying me to eat a Big Mac, sure that is good for me, but not good business for McDonalds. Some people should not be in this business or even doing the hobby if all they are going to do is spew nonsense, which makes the rest of the professionals look bad!