View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Low disc space on boot drive mystery

Chuck - thank you. I'm looking at CCC right now and seeing the snapshots it's created. And I can see options to adjust how it manages snapshots.

I had never paid any attention to this section of CCC - only being interested in the "safety net" (which is on the destination drive). I'm wondering now if I should turn off snapshots altogether in CCC.

I've found that snapshots are being created on all the backup drives as well, in fact the only drive without snapshots is my main audio SSD, because it's not APFS. Although this isn't an issue to me at the moment (the backup drives are all much much bigger than the drives they're backing up) perhaps this snapshot stuff explains some of the other odd issues I've had with the system such as it beachballing briefly for no particular reason when I choose Bounce To Disk with mp3 ticked.

By the way Darryl, I did follow your advice as well. None of the log folders were unusually large and there were no super-large files revealed in terminal other than those I expected to find. It did pique my curiosity though to discover how much is being added to the logs all the time - it's non-stop. The attached screenshot is the amalgam of log entries, filtered for errors and faults.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 10.30.35.jpg (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike