View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 AM

Default Fasttrack Pro USB, El Capitan working!

I hear everyones frustration. I spent the last few hours going over all the steps and ideas terminal commands and others.

Here is what got my FT USB working with El Cap 10.11.2: I simply deleted both the drivers I had installed, 1.9.4 and 1.9.5. One was in one location and the other was in a folder called Software which I could not find.

I am on a mid 2010 Mac Pro quad-core.

How I did this was first menu About this Mac>System Report>Extensions. At this point I saw nothing in there, but it took about a minute for these to show up, at least for me. If they don't all show up which also happen to me, go to File>Refresh Information.

I then found the two drivers. You will see something that says Location in the description. Highlight and copy that url. Then from the finder Menu, Go>Go To Folder...>then paste that url. Click OK. Window appears with that driver. Move to trash, but will ask for Admin password.

I repeated this with the second driver that was installed. I then deleted the System PreferencePane of the M-Audio fasttrack pro using method described above.

I then restarted computer. Went into System Preferences>Sound, and just like magic, my Fasttrack was listed in both the input and output and as I write this I am listening to Art Pepper.

Whether or not this remains stable is a whole other thing. It is odd that it works without any driver. As others have pointed out, you no longer have access to M-Audio prefs, but at least I am able to get music from my nice powered speaker system.

Hop this helps.

Jonathan