View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Breaking automation points in one session

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscst22 View Post
Thanks for the response Chris. That's fine and may be the only way to do it. I had thought about it. I wanted to avoid having to save and create individual session files per song because I typically bounce down the whole show at once. That way I can leave it for the 2+ hours and go do other things. Having to bounce down each session individually would mean I'd have to babysit it.

In case your wondering, I typically take the entire bounce and load it into Waveburner. I apply Ozone over that mix, bounce it out as one file, then reload that into Waveburner again, apply a different mastering preset, and then cut up into tracks which I then burn to a CD or bounce as individual tracks.

Anyone else know of a different way to keep it in the same session?
Hi,

Well if you want to freely move the faders between each song then you'll have to bounce each song individually.

You could always RCD (record to disk instead of bounce to disk) onto a stereo track as you mix each song, then at the end consilidate and export that one track ready to master.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.