View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Re: PT 2018.10 is here

Contrary to a lot of opinions here, I feel like I have got a lot of value from my subscription this year. My favorite list of new features have been: Track Presets, New comping, Retrospect Record, Midi hotkeys including moving notes in relation to key, and the ability to switch playback preferences during playback.There are more features than that, but these ones have been game changers to my workflow and have been worth it for me. But I can see where they may not have been amazing features for other users and I can see where it is frustrating that they haven't addressed other top requested features and bug fixes.

I admit I think this latest update (although it does address laginess with my S3) is very skimpy. My hope is that they are working on something big that will be released in the next update. Maybe with pressure to release something for 3rd quarter and AES, they released a small portion of what they have been working on. At least I hope that is what it is. Otherwise they have really slowed down their progress.

In comparison to the latest Logic update, this one is embarrassing.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio