View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 AM

Default Re: protools 10 with windows 8 pro

I just bought protools 10 with a 3rd gen mbox I also bought a new pc about two months ago with windows 8 on it tried to buy windows 7 but I guess they stopped making it. I came across a couple of different problems and I've spent the past week searching through online forums and youtube videos after avid tech support told me windows 8 was not compatible with PT. I have since gotten it working and right now it seems to be running fine. I'll start with the Mbox the only way I was able to get the system to recognize it was by using the original gen 3 drivers (without any updates). After I got this working I was getting two error messages from PT the first was solved by running the program as an administrator (Sorry I don't remember the error#) and the second said something about the disc cache and the buffer (-9514). I'm just going to tell you what I did all of these steps may or may not be necessary for you. I started by downloading and saving PT10 in a zip file and then manually extracting all of the 1200+ items contained in PT to a reg file and by this I just mean that I didn't run the program on auto extract. After this I clicked the setup.exe file with the blue/purple icon next to it and then clicked on properties and then compatibility, select Windows 7 from the systems drop box next click run as administrator. After this change the color settings to 8bit this seemed to be the thing that enabled the program to run. I was still receiving the (-9514) before this and that's it for the most part. I haven't had a chance to go through everything in the program yet but from what I can see right now it seems to be working properly, still have to set up the midi controller. Hope this helps for anyone who is having the same problems.