View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 02:56 AM

Default Re: new software compressor/EQ - part 2

Hi,

Sonalkis has been around for some time but I think the Mac Stuff is new (last half year?) or am I mislead?

Quote:

That'll give me a nice start EQ>Comp>Limiter............any suggestions on other software(non-ilok) for self mastering that might be of interest??

By the way.... What do you suggest i do for a distortion plugin?....for vox, drum loops etc.??

Hey Bee-man donīt let them lobbyists take you from mastering yourself, it might not sound as good at the beginning but if you never do it youīll never learn!

for alternative Comps check out "Dynasone" from www.prosoniq.net . Itīs a multiband and sounds great while being really inexpensive.

For Distortion, the best I ever used "Funklogic Masterizer", a real weapon that was released as a april joke.
If you search for that big pluggo OSX thread there are some priceless distorters, too, like "Bacon".
and the distorion free "LimoFive" limiter and other great tools.

Besides that I can only recommend a real analogue tube/filter or AnalogChannel from McDSP.
The Neodynium from EA also produces some fine distortion with the Limiter, I like it.

speaking of tubes you my want to try the Blue Tubes from www.nomadfactory.com
cool priceworthy stuff.

regs