View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Distorted/glitchy/High Pitched noise on Output

Quote:
Originally Posted by C View Post
I'm going to take a swing at you using an aggregate device for output?

Haven't managed to nail down the exact environment that causes me guaranteed problems but I have seen using Aggregate devices as a fairly consistent problem area. Could you try just outputting directly from the metric halo under iTunes and then under Pro Tools and see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Ceri

Sorry for my late response. I am actually using the metric halo as the output device already. In my first post I state that I have had the issue on all versions of PT10. After wiping my OS, I'm back on 10.1.2, with OSX 10.7.3. I haven't had the issue with any other session (in 44.1), so I assume it is a clocking issue somewhere with 96k sessions. I have figured out it must be a metric halo issue then, since the problem pops up in itunes after running that 96k session. Once I have opened up a 44.1 session again everything is fine.

All of this does not explain how I had the problem a couple of times without any audio interface hooked up, but as you say Ceri, I also think that it is something deep in the aggregate device support etc. So, I think there are two different causes for this problem, in different situations.
Metric Halo ULN8 & 2882