View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 AM

Default HDX, Omni, PT12.6.1 - No Audio and intermittent fixes

Hoping someone else might have had a similar experience in order to figure out what's going on here:

Setup: HDX, Omni, PT12.6.1, OSX 10.11.5, Late 2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 3.7G Quad Core Intel Xeon E5 with 24Gb RAM, Sonnet External PCI-e Chassis.

I'm successfully sharing sessions with my stage rig (also running 12.6.1) and my assistant's offline (again, 12.6.1) rig. Intermittently, I'll open up a session that's just been playing fine in the other rooms and I'll have no audio output from the omni and no metering (either on the omni itself or on the output meter path in PT edit window).

Fixes ARE possible but the predictability of any given one working is becoming...well...less predictable! Fixes so far:

1) Total Pref Trash and restore from a known working set
2) Setting Inputs and Outputs to Default in the I/O setup
3) Total System reboot
4) Importing all data into a fresh blank session

After one or more of those processes, Audio will usually return without any other mod to the session.

Any session that exhibits this behaviour will play back just fine if transferred on to any of the other rigs. Also, I remember one instance of this happening on the same machine when it was running PT 12.4 around 2 months ago. I updated to 12.6.1 hoping it would be gone.

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone my have!

Tony

Last edited by musiceditorcouk; 02-20-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: additional detail