View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard

I found this thread after searching the DUC. I am also new to PT (10.3.3) and have been experiencing this exact problem using my USB Midi connected M-Audio Keyrig 49.

I can usually get it working most of the time, however it is a PITA. I think I'll just upgrade to a new keyboard with a standard Midi connection and give it a go.

Question, I'm using an Instrument Track and when the USB midi connection does work, I find it works on all VI's even when "no input" is selected on the Track input. When clicking on the input drop-down my Keyrig 49 is not listed. The listed options are; Interface, Bus & Plug-ins.

The Keyrig 49 does show-up ( and checked) under; Setup/Midi/Input Devices.

I tried to configure it under Setup/Peripherals however, it still does not show in the "Input" of an Instrument Track.

It does work with "no input" selected, but, I'm just trying to understand the right way of doing this.

Thanks!

Jay
Seagate 500G Sata 600 OS Drive, Seagate 1 TB Sata 600 Audio Drive, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt Coolermaster Silent Pro power supply. Apollo Quad Interface, Burl B2 ADC, Dangerous D-Box, UAD 2 Duo, Avalon 737, UA 610 MK II, UA 1176 LN Hardware, Focal CMS 65 monitors, and a bunch of other stuff.