View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 10:56 AM

Default PTLE 8 midi track controls inst track levels? AND much more.

setup:
Intel Mac Mini 1.66 duo-core snow leopard 10.6.4
PLLE 8.04cs2
Various plugs including:
NI Komplete updated to current versions as far as i could
Slate Drums on Kontakt 4
URS Eq's

I just "upgraded" from 7.4 to 8. Original system is cloned so no worries on going backwards with this pt8 setup. My 7.4 rig is so stable it's scary but there are certain aspects of 8 I like, hence the attempt at an upgrade.

My main problem aside fro overall lack of stability is that when using midi tracks to feed their info to inst tracks, the inst plug-ins located on the inst tracks react to the volume info from the midi track and it seems to be un-doable? Like there's automation drawn in or somehting. In the past I used Steven Slate drums with NI Kontakt 2 specifically to program midi drums. I would program my midi info onto a midi track and feed that out to an inst track w the Slate plug on it. then mix the kit in the kontakt/slate plug. well now when i do that in PT8, my kontakt fader volumes all snap back to default after adjusted and when i move the midi fader feeding the track it adjusts volumes on all drums.

Can I un-do this or is it a PT midi setting Im missing.

PLUS, the overall CPU/RTAS stability of PT8 sucks big balls. CPU errors tracking with 12 tracks at 64mbs buffer and one plug....what gives??

Thanks in advance