View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 AM

Default LE 8 on win7: editor windows don't always maximise or come to the front

this is my main problem with pro tools le and the reason i switched to propellerhead reason. i am running win 7 64 (had the problem with win 7 32 also), mini mbox 2 and PTLE 8.05:the main editor windows don't always open properly, eg i hit ctrl= to switch between mixer and editor windows and sometimes the window remains minimised and i have to double click the
minimised window icon to fully open it. also when double clicking a midi region the same thing happens with the midi editor window, it just doesn't open properly.

TBH other aspects of LE8 aren't great either eg when i select loop playback i sometimes have to stop playback and start again for looping to start but it should just start looping as soon as it reaches the end marker. All other DAWs i have used work like this - its a very basic piece of functionality which should work better in PT.

Maybe these things are not evident on a mac but i don't own a mac i'm afraid. I would like to upgrade to PT 10 or even 11 (not sure if 11 works with mini mbox 2?) but if these probs haven't been addressed its a deal breaker for me. Are these common problems?

additional info:
i have installed PTLE 8 multiple times on more than 1 PC and i always get the same problem. i can't believe i'm the only that has experienced this so i would be grateful if someone can confirm they get the same problems.

Last edited by Calon; 01-11-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: adding info