View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor

Well, so what do i do switch to a different product lines? Fractal and who? Nuendo? etc Perhaps this possibility was not included as originally thought out or thought as unnecessary at the time of original spec to gold release or Ver 1.0 (what, so 11 R's suck so bad one would not think of owning multiple units?...i don't find that to be the case -properly dialed in they kick booty).

I have been using analog outs to AD's @ same and higher rates of sampling via "chipped" Rane 1U mixers to Burl AD, or Apollo. Cool, but time to play with digital I/O direct from the 11 R's trying at least for 96K on down using USB I/O from multiple 11 R's + other sources at once instead of ...analog, patch cables etc...when not required.

Scenario, a "garage band" it's 3AM when power is sweet, guitars through 11 R's bass using one also, vocals direct to required source via analog to an A/D and it should all roll up fine into latest PT, and the Editor.

I think the editor is cool AND on the gear i have the iMacs w/I7 blah blah it works GREAT no glitches or anything instant changes using one unit as stated before. But damn if you are using remote located gear, (located in a "quiet room" for the digital gear, servers and dig audio, cooling, AC power sweetening, etc), its a tad of a PIA to run to room do this and that to do crap such as babysitting sitting in front of them (OR other manufacturers that are "compatible with each other...gawd it's like troubleshooting windows issues) wasting person hours, it blows chunks (1970/80's vintage). My lazy booty prefers doing it from the mixing locale where i keep my PNW, brewed beer.

All my current products are all from the AVID family, scarlett is now iOS only. perhaps it is time to further think it though for an update Ver. SP-1 or Ver 1.0x, go third party devs/coders if outta staff (but test the heck outta their stuff).

I think it's a reasonable request, if the nerds and geeks are working on a new hardware product to replace 11R, I would hope compatibility would be paramount with older but "current" tech. Such as Editor compatibility, 11R rigs/files blah.. - if you write one for a new hardware product that has different or unique to AVID global or PT offerings 11R users might benefit from. Multiple units, cuz some us us dummies have more than one! - Thanks Benoni - enough whining from me on this
G.D.