View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Issue after issue installing my subscription!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedgirl View Post
Hey guys, so I bought an ilok 2, bought a subscription for PT 12.5.2
I downloaded all the drivers, the program and the plug ins. I ran the installs (possibly did the program before drivers-oops)
I created an ilok account, plugged in my ilok. ilok manager will not connect to the server, ive tried nearly everything ive found online and nothing works!
Also-the pro tools wont open! I uninstalled the prgram to reinstall it thinking i did it backwards, now it wont let me reinstall pro tools because "avid cloud client files are missing"
I cant find any information on this anywhere! Do I have to completely re download the set up for the program? (im on crappy internet in the country so it takes a good 2 hours to download the 1.2 gig set up )

Ive tried reinstalling/repairing the drivers, the codecs and the program but still getting this cloud files missing error at the PT install page... HELP !?

(Windows 7
PT 12.5.2
Not very experienced with ilok or drivers or any of this !! )
you appear to have done everything right EXCEPT that you did not finish moving your Pro Tools Asset to your iLok ...

do you have a place you can go with a better internet connection so you can move your Pro Tools asset in your account on to your iLok .. you do not need to be on the computer that pro tools is on to administer your iLok account .. but you do need your iLok ..

without the iLok asset Pro Tools will not open ...

uninstalling Pro Tools properly:

"Windows 7

Choose Start > Control Panel.
In category view, under Programs, click “Uninstall a program.”
Select Pro Tools.
Click Uninstall (If Uninstall is not available, click Change and select Remove from the Installer menu)..
Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Pro Tools."

iLok - moving an asset to your iLok: you will need a decent internet connection to do this .. i have managed it on a 1mbps download internet - pretty slow ..

1) do you have a code to redeem for pro tools .. a little card with the code on it ?? see pics from this website link .. https://www.ilok.com/#!support/help/102029546

NOTE: you do not need an iLok to install / re-install Prot Tools but you will need it to USe Pro Tools ....

hope this helps ..

john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 6.44.43 AM.jpg (69.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 6.46.07 AM.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro