View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Using 3rd party MIDI Patch Name files in Pro Tools

To: DIGITECH TECH SUPPORT....ADMINISTRATOR
& To: ALL

Further my difficulties in this area and some posts on same , I have been working hard on "Yamaha TYROS" Middev and Madnam files, following the good instructions by tech Admin on the subject at the start of this thread..
I have also bee following instructions on Page 194 of instruction manual on "Recording to instrument & MIDI tracks...in particular...recording MULTIPLE channels from the same device, capturing data from a SPLIT keyboard.

For the first time I have had some limited success, but not yet quite right. I was hoping to upload some files to show what I have done but do not see a facility for this. I will therefore have to explain as best I can ...the results of my efforts.

1. 12 Channels armed for rec in MIDI
2. All channels recorded some reflecting the correct sounds....others just play as Piano
3. Occassionally I get some funny sounds like "Whistle" coming in
4. Channel Volumes/Pans do not reflect the vols/Pans set on Kbd.

Middev File.... I modified Yamaha's CVP107/109 Middev to Tyros.
Midnam.......... ditto ditto... Please note that the Patch name files seem to bear no relation to the way patches (voices) are organised on the Tyros...eg under Piano you will find all sorts like strings...brass.. flute ...almost anything.

As an alternative I have got my hands on a TYROS Patch list ...which seems to be organised ..per the keyboard,but this is a .txt file & not .xml Protoole does not seem to recognise same.
In this file voices/Patches are organised in groups and listed as follows....

" PIANO BANK" *11
(0 113 0) [001] "Grand Piano"
(0 112 1) [002] "Bright Piano"
(0 112 6) [003] "Harpsichord"
etc; etc;
As I said this listing is organised exactly as per the TYROS....ie in banks and voices...
Perhaps ther is a way to convert these to xml or a format which PT recognises

It's a pity I could not upload the files I mentioned...or is there a way which this may be done...

I look forward to some helpful responses on my queries

Many thanks
LeoD