View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Will Avid ever add folders and why keep BS'ing about fixes that aren't there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Computers are powerful now so what they should do is drop the DSP and actually optimised the software to work at 32 buffer like Logic does..
I dunno.. just spitballing.
They've got so many of the HDX user base convinced that DSP is required for stability at low latency and many of them believe they are getting .7ms RTL in full sessions where each plugin has 8 samples here and 10 samples there and additional busses also add to RTL. That said, it seems that someone on HDX might be able to pull off ~2ms of RTL in real world project, where 32 sample buffer in a real world session is more likely ~3ms.

One quick question, I've seen your threads around and I'm getting much better VI performance in S1 than you seem to be. No problems recording even Diva in large sessions with 6 fx busses fully routed and in use at the 32 sample buffer. On my machines (haven't done a lot of formal testing) it seems to work better with VST plugins than AU. Curious if you gave that a shot.

I do wish S1 had full breakpoint automation on the clip gain, multi-ch support and something like automation preview. Also I think a double or even quad buffer option for VI's would be a great setting. Audio tracks incur 2x buffers latency and VI's only 1x...It would be great to have host buffer at 32 and VI's at 64 or even 16/32 or 16/64.

https://answers.presonus.com/45985/d...w=45985#q45985

To me it seems like the only part of Avid's audio division that's consistently doing anything is the eucontrol/euphonix folks.

I'd have no problem paying yearly for PT update plans (for 2, soon to be 4 PT|U licenses) if they were engaged and improving things.