View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.3: a developers perspective....

Avid/Digidesign's problems are no different than Ableton, Propellerheads, Steinberg, Motu, Cockos etc...

Something is fundamentally wrong that everyone; (including you bob) continue to dance around; a native version of protools. I don't want to restart a debate that has spawned so many times here in these forums; but enough is enough.

Pro Tools Essentials is a perfect example and proof that this ship will continue to sink; you simply won't let go of an old way of doing business.

When we sit down to create, produce, remix, engineer etc... we too have to make painful decisions. We too have to consider hardware, software compatibility, investments in new hardware and software, budget etc...

This decade introduced us to Ableton Live, Propellerheads Reason and also Cockos Reaper, all are free from proprietary hardware, all are rewire capable. All have come along quite nicely and have replaced hardware/software in many a studio.

It's time to stop making excuses and start thinking forward like the aforementioned companies.

Can someone please put Shan and Guitardom on Avids payroll?

Edit:

Please look at my signature below; this system was built with protools 8 M-powered in mind; I do not hate avid/digidesign; I'm just not in favor of the old way of thinking that is stalling the inevitable.