View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:08 PM

Default Re: s3lx operation questions

1a. I will try this next time.
1b. I have tried to record LR using VSc and I get no signal. It makes some sense because the directional source of the audio is computer-->engine in this case. How does one set up the source audio to loop back into the computer when the Avid engine is working this way (receiving audio from computer vs passing it TO the computer)?
2. When you patch a mirrored channel like this the HA input source is the same as the original channel, so when you say to assign a different PT input what do you mean exactly?
3. interesting, I will try this
4. this feature is an odd one to go missing, and a bit frustrating... will keep looking
5. the link was the 'partial' list I mentioned, I guess I am looking for a more comprehensive one that completes the list in the link provided by HLD. I have recently had a bit of back and forth from the Flux developers and they told me some of their PIs are compatible with McDSP, some with Avid, some only with other Flux PIs. They very kindly sent me a list of all their known compatibilities but it is far from a complete picture. Its an odd thing to me that this isn't something companies (or Avid) don't share easily, since it makes the world of difference if you buy x PI and can't use it in your workflow because it eats up a whole DSP chip, whereas if you were to get xy and z because they are known to work together you would be both a happier customer and have maximised your abilities to put a mix together.
6. I will investigate the idea of using another (mirrored) fader on the same input source for driving into delay, its an interesting idea and I hope it will work.

thx