View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: .midnam for ROLAND XP-80

Thanks a bunch for your assistance and patience in answering my questions, Scott... I have tried as you suggested, as well as what Andrew from Skyward Studios has recommended with the midnam files you both have shared with me or suggested I use, but I am still not having success? I have even tried creating my own files using pieces from both, double-checking the coding and xml, as best I could with my limited knowledge of this and from what I have since read up on regarding this information, but still zip, zero, nada?

My errors consitently being either:

"ProTools could not find appropriate patch names in the currently selected patch name document because either manufacturer/model information or instrument mode do not match"

or

"...an unknown error occured while attempting to parse this instruments patch name document."

I welcome any further tips, comments or advice you or any other user may wish to further share with me in the hopes I can resolve this slight setback.

Thanks so much for your time, as always,
Anthony J

PS: Just in case anyone is wondering, I am Mac based, not pc, should that change the way I should be handling these .midnam files?

A. J.
Published Songwriter
TonyLove Music, BMI