View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:50 AM

Default Re: How's life in ProTool-land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
First things first:
I think zedhed was referring to both your language skills (property as you say) AND the content of your post. Amateurish at best. Of course if English is not your first language and you're working through an online translator than apologies are in order but if not then the opinion still stands.

Nobody said PT is a rectifier - that was your interpretation. As to PT being an industry standard those words have been used many times before by many people in the audio industry/world. Used in more studios than any other daw. True there are some studios that use other daws instead of PT or alongside PT.

edit for additional thoughts:
I've read your other posts here and you seem to have a real angst against Pro Tools. You seem to be more comfortable with Logic or another daw that has features you like that work differently in PT. You want to bend PT to your will and are frustrated you can't do it and want it to be changed so you can do so. Truth is that isn't going to happen as there are a LOT of people out there that are get along quite well with PT as is. They learn to work with the system and features which I suggest you might want to do so as well. You might actually find you like PT as it is.
Yes, english is not my lenguage. I'm sorry, I don't use a translator but this is the best I can do to explain myself.
I know that PT is a standard and I think no one can say the opposite. I've never said this.
What I have to say instead is that PT isn't simply different from others diffused DAWs but that it's worst! All is way more complicated, not because it isn't in my habits but because it simply requires more steps for almost everything. For example I've tried ableton and the learn curve was funny, PT is pure frustration.
So, my anger is not only directed to PT but most against all this users that claim it as the most powerful, the fastest etc etc DAW in the market.
I've bought a copy because i want a pc based DAW, based on the reputation I was expecting something decent, nothing more, but I was wrong because this is clearly the most inferior DAW I've tried.