View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM

Default Re: SC48 & D-SHOW & VNC software.....is not possible!

In my opinion it is pretty bad that Avid has not done a proper table app yet. It is so helpful for setup and tweaking, especially for the setup with monitor and FOH EQ, front/wide/delay fill balancing, etc. . . The Stage Mix software for the Yamaha products works well, and although we don't use the X32 (I need at least 40 inputs), the software looks very usable. I have tried, but really can't use VNC with a touch screen. . . it is too slow and very prone to disasters.

Aside from the benefits at setup, a proper tablet app is very useful for live shows. . . I had to mix a corporate show where the console was in a horrible position (large hall, mix position at the back of the room under a balcony, with a huge bass boost and hi-freq drivers shaded completely). I was able to walk around and mix fairly comfortably with the Yamaha Stage Mix software on my iPad. . . with Avid I just could not have done it.

I see no benefit to the S3 surface, nor do any other FOH or Monitor techs I know. . . I really wish that R&D was spent on a Tablet App, and creating a Profile like surface with the a flex channel like the SC48 and the new distributed architecture of the S series. . .

Oh well, I am not the product manager, maybe there is some method to the madness, but so far the logic is void in my opinion. . .